Re: [linux-pm] suspend blockers & Android integration

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Sun Jun 06 2010 - 15:05:56 EST

On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 12:08:34PM -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
> Well, we sort of tried this when Greg pulled some of them into the
> staging tree. The problem is that without the annotations, the drivers
> are still different, and patches won't apply, so, unsurprisingly, they
> didn't get improved or even maintained.

Err, the biggest pile in staging was meta drivers like the binder or
some oom killer magic which are flat out braindead and wrong and have
no chance going into mainline anyway. That's something different from
real hardware drivers, although a few of those made it into staging as
well if I remember correctly.