Re: Question on siig sata 3 controller

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Jun 10 2010 - 04:54:00 EST

On 06/10/2010 12:39 AM, Alan wrote:
Does anyone know the status of the SIIG DP SATA 6Gb/s 2S1P PCIe (Part
number: SC-SA0E12-S1)?

I am encountering problems writing a large quantity through this
controller and I want to see if there is a way to fix this. The pci ids
do not appear to be referenced in the kernel.

Are any of the siig sata controllers supported? Is there some issue with
them supporting Linux that I am not aware of?

Here is the lspci data:

05:00.0 SATA controller: Device 1b4b:9123 (rev 11) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
Subsystem: Device 1b4b:9123
I/O ports at dc00 [size=8]
I/O ports at d880 [size=4]
I/O ports at d800 [size=8]
I/O ports at d480 [size=4]
I/O ports at d400 [size=16]
Memory at f9fff800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
Expansion ROM at f9fe0000 [disabled] [size=64K]
Capabilities:<access denied>
Kernel driver in use: ahci

What issues are you seeing?

The 'ahci' driver is aware of this controller...

Jeff