Re: warning from gcc version 4.6.0 20100416

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Fri Jun 11 2010 - 02:34:51 EST

On 06/10/2010 11:16 PM, Andi Kleen wrote:
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 07:55:20PM -0700, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
o.k. andi,

here is the rest of the warnings that
I see when compiling the kernel

I can try and create some patches for
this(hopefully!!)

The key point is that you need to review
each warning if it's a real bug or just a false
positive.

This is not always trivial, I got at least one
wrong in the earlier series (shut up one real bug)

-Andi

Some are trivial, but then
some require changes i.g.
the variable is removed but the function
requires more than two variables kind of error..
leaving me in a whirlwind with what to put there..

I'll go and try for the easy ones,
first, then(try) and tackle hard ones.

Justin P. Mattock