Re: iwlagn completely unusable with some AP since 2.6.31

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Mon Jun 14 2010 - 12:20:54 EST

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 01:09:10AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> (please cc)
>
> Since AFAIR 2.6.32-rc the iwlagn driver seems to be completely hosed
> with some AP. Permanently dropping connections, hanging, BUGing.
> Unfortunately the only reply I get from iwl maintainers is "do git bisect"
> which is a bit a pain with someting that is not stable reproducible.

I see the same issue, and I even tried the git bisect, but due to
various issues in early boot / ACPI code in that merge window it's
impossible to finish it. The ugly workaround for me is to always keep
a ping running in the background, which keeps it from dropping the
connection. Fortunately the BUGs only happen very rarely for me (and
unfortunately I'm not able to capture them, but I suspect it's iwlagn)