Probable Bug (or configuration error) in kmemleak

From: Sankar P
Date: Thu Jun 17 2010 - 05:22:06 EST

Hi,

I wanted to detect memory leaks in one of my kernel modules. So I
built Linus' tree with the following config options enabled (on top
of make defconfig)

CONFIG_DEBUG_KMEMLEAK=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_KMEMLEAK_EARLY_LOG_SIZE=400
CONFIG_DEBUG_KMEMLEAK_TEST=y

If I boot with this kernel, debugfs is automatically mounted. But I do
not have the file:

/sys/kernel/debug/kmemleak

created at all. There are other files like kprobes in the mounted
/sys/kernel/debug directory btw. So I am not able to detect any of the
memory leaks. Is there anything I am doing wrong or missing (or) is
this a bug in kmemleak ?

Please let me know your suggestions to fix this and get memory leaks
reporting working. Thanks.

The full .config file is also attached with this mail. Sorry for the
attachment, I did not want to paste 5k lines in the mail. Sorry if it
is wrong.

--
Sankar P
http://psankar.blogspot.com