Wacom based devices and the mt kernel protocol.

From: Mohamed Ikbel Boulabiar
Date: Fri Jun 18 2010 - 07:21:15 EST

Hi,

Now we can find many multitouch devices based on wacom Wacom panel/digitizer
Bamboo Pen&Touch, HP tm2, Fujitsu LifeBook T4410 & T4310, etc...

it seems that these devices are supported in some way in Linux Kernel,
but I want to know if they are compliant with the MT Linux protocol.
N-Trig based devices and Stantum ones are the most compliant, so Wacom
situation needs to be clarified specially considering they are HID
devices (meaning similar to the others devices which respect the
protocol). This impact very much the decision of a Linux user wanting
to buy wacom mt device.

Ping can you clarifie the situation of wacom based devices ?

Thanks,

ik.