Query dw_dmac driver: All descriptors done, but channel not idle!

From: Viresh KUMAR
Date: Fri Jun 18 2010 - 09:34:03 EST

Hello,

We have Synopsys Designware DMAC Controller on ST SPEAr13xx platform.
When i run dmatest for all 8 channels then i see following error some times.

"dma dma0chan7: BUG: All descriptors done, but channel not idle!"

I saw the code in driver, and i think it looks to be a known issue for this
peripheral, that's why special handling is done in driver.

Can somebody please confirm, if it a known issue or not? Or if there
are some solutions for this problem.

viresh.