Re: 2.6.34 Crash in dmaengine_put()

From: Jeffrey Merkey
Date: Tue Jun 22 2010 - 10:08:23 EST

OK. This bug occurs if you OR in the IFF_UP flag while creating
virtual interfaces without going through the normal ifup/ifdown
scripts. Looks like a hole. I will post the trace shortly. It's
easy to reproduce, take the dummy net driver, OR in the IFF_UP flag in
dummy_setup, and watch the kernel crash.

Jeff