Re: [BISECTED] Suspend regression in v2.6.31 with Lenovo 3000 v200

From: Ozan ÃaÄlayan
Date: Tue Jun 22 2010 - 12:53:19 EST

Alan Stern wrote:

> Okay, the bus is usb2, the device attached to port 5 is a USB camera,
> and it uses the Ali m5602 driver. I have seen similar reports before,
> but they involved a webcam using the uvcvideo driver.
>
> Anyway, the problem is that the camera sends a wakeup request, which
> causes the suspend to be aborted. I can't imagine why a camera would
> want to send a wakeup request -- probably it's a bug in the firmware.
> You can work around it by manually (or in a udev script) disabling
> wakeup on the camera:
>
> echo disabled >/sys/bus/usb/devices/2-5/power/wakeup
>
> Or you can back-port the patch that fixed the problem, commit
> 7aba8d014341341590ecb64050b7a026642a62eb (USB: don't enable remote
> wakeup by default).
>
> Alan Stern

Thank you very much for your help but it seems that core/hub.c in 2.6.31.13
doesn't even include device_set_wakeup_enable() call that the commit you've
mentioned removes. There are 2 calls in core/hcd.c and 1 in core/hcd-pci.c
which at a quick glance still exists in the current master.

Should I disable the the remote wakeup in somewhere else or does that commit
doesn't really fix the issue?

Regards,

Ozan Caglayan