Re: [patch 1/2] x86_64 page fault NMI-safe

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Wed Jul 14 2010 - 19:32:38 EST

Hello,

On 07/14/2010 10:08 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> I suspect the low level per cpu allocation functions should
>> just call it.
>>

> Yes, specifically the point at which we allocate new per cpu memory
> blocks.

We can definitely do that but walking whole page table list is too
heavy to do automatically at that level especially when all users
other than NMI would be fine w/ the default lazy approach. If Linus'
approach doesn't pan out, I think the right thing to do would be
adding a wrapper to vmalloc_sync_all() and let perf code call it after
percpu allocation.

Thanks.

--
tejun