Re: acerhdf.c - unsupported notebook

From: Thomas Davis
Date: Fri Jul 16 2010 - 18:33:59 EST

On 07/13/2010 10:12 AM, Peter Feuerer wrote:

Boris, I agree, we really should check the cpu specs. A quick search got
me to this page:
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Maximum-CPU-Temperature/143/5
where we clearly see, that the core 2 have much lower critical
temperatures. I added all those 1410* and 1810T* entries on behalf of
people telling they'd have the fan control working with these lines for
some weeks without problems and I didn't care about searching for the
netbooks specifications. My fault.

I would propose to enhance the bios_tbl by the default temperatures.
What do you think?

I'm the person who figured out how the EC worked on the acer 1410, and sent the first patches in to make acer-hdf work on my 1410.

The bios turns the fan on full blast, and never throttles it. there is another 3rd party application, for Windows7 that also does the same thing.

The CPU is CULV; ie:

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 23
model name : Genuine Intel(R) CPU U2300 @ 1.20GHz
stepping : 10
cpu MHz : 1197.118
cache size : 1024 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 1
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 1
initial apicid : 1
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 13
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm xsave lahf_lm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority
bogomips : 2394.03
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: