Re: [git pull] documentation: fix almost duplicate filenames (io/IO-mapping.txt)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Jul 20 2010 - 11:05:32 EST

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 11:59 PM, Borislav Petkov <bp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Will do... but how do I edit the commit message?
>
> git commit --amend
>
> after you've made sure that the commit you want to edit is at the tip of
> the current branch.

.. and if it's not at the top (like it is this time), do "man
git-rebase" and then you can use "git rebase -i origin" (where
"origin" is whatever your upstream is).

And yeah, this is not something you really should do to anything
you've published, but you'll know better next time and fix it all up
_before_ you publish it and ask me to pull ;)

Linus