CONFIG_SCSI_G_NCR5380_MEM dead?

From: Christian Dietrich
Date: Wed Jul 21 2010 - 09:01:28 EST

Hi all!

As part of the VAMOS[0] research project at the University of
Erlangen we are looking at multiple integrity errors in linux'
configuration system.

I've been running a check on the drivers/scsi sourcetree for
config Items not defined in Kconfig and found such a case. Sourcecode
blocks depending on these Items are not reachable from a vanilla
kernel -- dead code. I've seen such dead blocks made on purpose
e.g. while integrating new features into the kernel but generally
they're just useless.

I encountered, that the CONFIG_SCSI_G_NCR5380_MEM symbol in
drivers/scsi/g_NCR5380.c isn't defined anywhere. So this codeblocks
seems to be unreachable. But there is a define in g_NCR5380_mmio.c for
SCSI_G_NCR5380_MEM with an include of g_NCR5380.c. So i think this is a
typo-bug and it should be a CONFIG_ define. The code wasn't changed since
linux is in git, so probably no one has used the mmio module, cause
there can't be a difference to the normal pio module. If you think this
ifdefs should be removed, i can send a patch.

Regards

Christian Dietrich
--
(Î x . x x) (Î x . x x) -- See how beatiful the lambda is
No documentation is better than bad documentation