Re: GCOV doesn't seem to work on ARM with kernel 2.6.35-rc6

From: Karol Lewandowski
Date: Mon Jul 26 2010 - 06:37:17 EST

On 07/26/2010 12:32 PM, Karol Lewandowski wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to use code coverage measurements with mainline Linux kernel
2.6.35-rc6 on ARM platform (specifically on Samsung's S5PC110 board).

I've enabled following in my .config:

CONFIG_GCOV_KERNEL=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_FS=y

After successful boot I see no gcov-related files other than
/sys/kernel/debug/gcov/reset.

From my knowledge (and from my previous experience with out-of-tree
gcov patchset) whole directory structure shall be created along with
.gcda files and various symlinks.

I forgot to add that I've added "GCOV_PROFILE := y" to at least

fs/Makefile
kernel/Makefile

and few others. Thus, I expect to find something more than just
./reset file.