CONFIG_IPIPE

From: Christian Dietrich
Date: Wed Jul 28 2010 - 10:42:10 EST

Hi all!

As part of the VAMOS[0] research project at the University of
Erlangen we are looking at multiple integrity errors in linux'
configuration system.

I've been running a check on the arch/blackfin sourcetree for
config Items not defined in Kconfig and found such a case. Sourcecode
blocks depending on these Items are not reachable from a vanilla
kernel.

I've seen, that there is no configuration Option for CONFIG_IPIPE in the
vanilla kernel. There are 36 cases of dead blocks within arch/blackfin
referencing CONFIG_IPIPE. So i thought, i ask, if this is a out of tree
development, which should be merged in the future, before i start
writing patches.

Regards

Christian Dietrich

[0] http://vamos1.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
--
(Î x . x x) (Î x . x x) -- See how beatiful the lambda is
No documentation is better than bad documentation