Re: Memory corruption during hibernation since 2.6.31

From: Hugh Dickins
Date: Fri Jul 30 2010 - 00:32:44 EST

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:18 PM, Balbir Singh <balbir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Couldn't we reuse PF_* flags to differentiate between the paths, if
> that is what it eventually boils down to? On an unrelated note, I was
> looking at shrink_all_memory() and wondering if swappiness really
> mattered there.

So far as the swap-reuse issue goes, I don't see that a PF_ flag
would help: the threads that already worry about such issues do
the set_freezable()/try_to_freeze() thing, and won't get into
trouble anyway; we don't want to force every other thread to
have to do something special now, better just check global state
in the very few places its needed.

On the unrelated note: better in an unrelated thread!

Hugh