Re: Memory corruption during hibernation since 2.6.31

From: Hugh Dickins
Date: Fri Jul 30 2010 - 14:16:32 EST

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 3:43 AM, KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki
<kamezawa.hiroyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> plz wait until the next week..I found I can't post today ;(
>
> Maybe trying my quick hack patch (posted) will be enough small for
> backporting etc.

Absolutely. I didn't intend my broader anxieties to distract from
your immediate scan_swap_map() fix. If Ondrej finds that it does in
fact fix the corruption he's been seeing since 2.6.31, then I'd like
your fix to go straight to Linus for 2.6.35: once swap is 50% full,
your case is rather too likely to occur; whereas I'm worrying about
correctness in unlikely hypothetical circumstances. But please do
credit Ondrej, and make clear that you're fixing an observed
corrution; and feel free to add my
Acked-by: Hugh Dickins <hughd@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hugh