Re: [GIT PULL] xen-netfront driver updates for 2.6.36

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Tue Aug 03 2010 - 20:49:54 EST

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge<jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 11:39:45 -0700

Here's a git branch with some updates to the Xen netfront driver,
which add a new "smartpoll" mode to the netfront backend protocol,
which is basically equivalent to interrupt mitigation. This merges
cleanly with current linux-next (it previously just had a small
constification conflict).

Do you want to take this via the net tree, or are you OK with me
submitting them directly?
Well from my perspective:

1) It's too late to put into my tree because the merge window has
already started. If you want me to include this you should have
asked me to pull it in days if not weeks ago.

OK, there's no particular rush.

2) Your tree is absolutely not in a state I can pull it. It has lots
of completely unrelated commits which are not in net-next-2.6 which
in no way should I be pulling into my tree.

It's based on v2.6.35. I can rebase to net-next-2.6.

When you want me to take changes, your tree should be based upon mine.
And when I pull from your tree I should get only your specific
xen-netfront driver changes, and nothing more.

Sure.

Thanks,