Re: Attempted summary of suspend-blockers LKML thread

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Thu Aug 05 2010 - 09:41:52 EST

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 06:02:28PM -0700, Arve Hjønnevåg wrote:

> Which makes the driver and/or network stack changes identical to using
> wakelocks, right?

I think we're resigned to the fact that we need to indicate wakeup
events in a manner that's pretty equivalent to wakelocks. The only real
issue is what the API looks like. Anyone who's still talking about
cgroups seems to be trying to solve a different problem.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx