Re: [GIT PULL] Initial Tegra ARM support

From: Daniel Walker
Date: Thu Aug 05 2010 - 18:14:41 EST

On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 15:01 -0700, Erik Gilling wrote:
> If these changes went through Russell's tree there would be
> dependancies on arch/arm/mach-tegra/(Makefile|Kconfig) in
> arch/arm/(Makefile|Kconfig) breaking Russell's tree until it was
> merged with the tegra tree. That sounds wrong to me. Additionally
> these patches have received review on LAKML including some by Russell
> and nothing was mentioned about this being a problem.

It's wrong to do it the way your suggesting .. You don't need to create
conflicts when you send stuff to Russell.. It takes some skill to break
things up by maintainer, but you need to learn how to do that in order
to play nice with the other ARM sub-architecture maintainers ..

If you have some questions on how to break stuff up feel free to ask me,
or send questions to the linux-arm-kernel list ..

Daniel

--
Sent by an consultant of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.