Re: Query: Patches break with Microsoft exchange server.

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Mon Aug 09 2010 - 03:32:17 EST

On 08/08/2010 11:55 PM, viresh kumar wrote:
On 8/9/2010 12:12 PM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
On 08/08/2010 11:07 PM, viresh kumar wrote:
Hello,

Mail server in ST has recently changed and now we have Microsoft
exchange server. We are using thunderbird as mail client.
What we observed with this server is that patch are broken now while
sending as well as receiving. Tabs are replaced by spaces and may
be some other too which we haven't observed.

Has anybody found a solution to this kind of issues? Are there any
workarounds possible?

still trying to figure this out with thunderbird.. but did notice in
Documentation/email-clients.txt and SubmittingPatches
there's info about that(just haven't gotten around to reading use git
send-email for patches)

hope this helps.

I missed this information in my last mail. We are using git send-email for
sending patches. As patches will go through Microsoft exchange server only,
so they are broken.

viresh.

hmm.. then I don't know the answer to that.. always send through git send-email(patches)and things are good(knock-on-wood)always ran into issues with copy/pasting onto thunderbird. Hopefully somebody else with more knowledge of using git send-email patches through microsoft exchange answers this..

side note: maybe postfix or some type of wrapper around the wording message(utf-8) to keep microsoft from mangling things or something.(tough to say though)

Justin P. Mattock