Re: Query: Patches break with Microsoft exchange server.

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Mon Aug 09 2010 - 05:43:10 EST

On 08/09/2010 02:35 AM, viresh kumar wrote:
On 8/9/2010 2:31 PM, Matti Aarnio wrote:
On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 12:26:24PM +0530, viresh kumar wrote:

I missed this information in my last mail. We are using git send-email for
sending patches. As patches will go through Microsoft exchange server only,
so they are broken.

Let your boss complain to your IT keepers.
"These are Machine-to-Machine messages, they must not be modified!"

It would probably be "against corporate policy" to use gmail for these emails...

We got one solution: Upgrade Exchange server to SP2.
Lets see if our IT department does this upgradation.

viresh.

that or just blast them with some cryptology..i.e. pretty sure if your message was encapsulated(AH/ESP) they couldn't tweak it.. but then sending such encryption to a public list would require a _key_ on the other side.. wishful thinking...
(just a thought)...
:-)

Justin P. Mattock