Re: [GIT PULL] workqueue for v2.6.36

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Aug 09 2010 - 16:06:33 EST

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 6:37 AM, Tejun Heo <tj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please consider pulling from
>
>  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/wq.git for-linus

Hmm. So I pulled, because I think it is the right thing in the long
run. But right now I'm bisecting a non-booting machine, and it seems
to be due to the workqueue pull.

It's not fully bisected yet, but the only remaining thing I actually
enable is workqueues. The symptom is a machine that stops at

dracut: Starting plymouth daemon
dracut: Scanning devices sda2 for LVM volume groups
dracut: Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...
dracut: Found volume group "VolGroup" using metadata type lvm2

and the next thing I'd expect to see is the mounting of the filesystem
and the SElinux notifications. And I never do.

I'll bisect it all the way, but thought I'd let you know.

Linus