Re: Query: Patches break with Microsoft exchange server.

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Mon Aug 09 2010 - 17:56:26 EST

On 08/09/2010 02:28 PM, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 21:15 +0300, Mihai DonÈu wrote:

Wait. I don't think we're on the same page here. I'm talking about message
signing (which does not require the receiving end to have any key - it's the
same plain text e-mail with a blob after it) while you refer to actually
encrypting the message. Mm? Or am I being extremely slow today? :-)

Only when you assume that Exchange would pass signed messages without
corrupting them. It really is that broken.

figured the encryption would be kind of a last resort situation..but if it's that broken to where it wont pass it along without corrupting, then the best solution is to figure out what Microsoft needs in terms of encoding, i.e. is there a way to have the scanner scan but not throw everything around after it scans.(if this is what it's doing)

Justin P. Mattock