Re: Problems Compile Misc Module Example

From: Pistis Valentino
Date: Thu Aug 12 2010 - 12:25:39 EST

2010/8/12 Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 08/12/10 09:09, Pistis Valentino wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> to be fair, I write how I solved my problem:
>>
>> i have 2 files driver_ase.c and driver_ase.h.
>>
>> Inside a .h file there was some declarations includes for kernel
>> headers used only by driver_ase.c.
>> This includes declarations make a problems during compile the service_ase.c.
>>
>> In other words the problem is not in the kernel, but is my C (header)
>> kow-how  problem.
>
> Glad to hear that you have solved this.
>
>> Sorry
>>
>> Ciao
>> Vale
>>
>> P.S. Make and Compile the kernel modules it's very hard! lacks a
>> coherent and updated documentation for non-experts.
>>

> Well, we try, but if you would like to add some documentation on it,
> please send it.

Your work is precious and very great!
Thank you so much!

Within a few days will send a brief documentation on my work-example
and the precautions I had taken.
So who has never written a sample driver from scratch will avoid the
problems I found.

Show me where it is ok to send the doc on this mailing list.