Re: [GIT PULL] sound update (#2) for 2.6.36

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Thu Aug 12 2010 - 15:34:05 EST

At Thu, 12 Aug 2010 12:15:17 -0700,
Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 12:17 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > please pull sound updates for v2.6.36 from:
> >
> > Âgit://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git for-linus
> >
> > Most of patches are trivial fixes. ÂA few of them are just to add the
> > missing device ids. ÂOne behavior change is the sticky stream setup for
> > HD-audio, which is good especially for digital receivers.
>
> Hmm. I seem to have lost sound lately. I'm not sure the problem came
> in with this pull (it might have been the previous one - I don't do
> that much audio, so I might have missed it before too).

If this happens after the pull of my last request, it's possibly the
commit eb541337b7a43822fce7d0c9d967ee149b2d9a96:
ALSA: hda - Make converter setups sticky

Could you try to revert it?

In anyway, please get alsa-info.sh from
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh
(many distros have already it), run with --no-upload option, and
please give the output back.

thanks,

Takashi