Re: ioctl definition - has it changed recently?

From: Piotr Hosowicz
Date: Tue Aug 17 2010 - 09:11:32 EST

On 16.08.2010 09:59, Piotr Hosowicz wrote:
On 16.08.2010 09:17, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Monday 16 August 2010 09:11:33 Piotr Hosowicz wrote:
and then make it use the unlocked_ioctl operation.

This I do not know. Can You help me?

Just take a look at all the other patches that went into the
kernel to do this for other drivers.

I do not know how to find them. :-(

> You only really
need to change the line with .ioctl=... to .unlocked_ioctl=

Ok, this is simple.

and change the prototype of the referenced function to

static long foo_ioctl(struct file *file, unsigned int cmd, unsigned
long arg)

int nv_kern_ioctl(struct inode *, struct file *, unsigned int, unsigned
long);

It seems different. How to change it? Now it works, I built it without
your remarks, exactly how I described on my blog:

http://phosowicz.jogger.pl/2010/08/15/nvidia-graphics-in-fresh-kernels/

Ok, as I wrote the prototypes differ. What should I do with the inode parameter?

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
- Za moich czasów to w sklepach był tylko ocet i denaturat!
- Tato, przestań, że w całym Tesco był tylko ocet i denaturat!