Re: BUG: IPv6 stops working after a while, needs ip ne delcommand to reset

From: Matt Carlson
Date: Tue Aug 17 2010 - 14:31:36 EST

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:29:54AM -0700, Thomas Habets wrote:
> > Thomas, can you give me the output of 'ethtool -i eth0'?
>
> $ sudo ethtool -i eth0
> driver: tg3
> version: 3.110
> firmware-version: 5715-v3.28, UMP 1.15
> bus-info: 0000:03:04.0

Thanks. I put the question out to the firmware developer. While we
wait, can you keep Eric's patch in place and give me the results along
with the output of 'ethtool -d eth0 | grep 0x047' after the problem
happens?

Eric's patch shows the hash registers at the time they are programmed.
I'm interested to see if the values change (by firmware) after the
failure.