android-kernel memory reclaim x20 boost?

From: Minchan Kim
Date: Wed Aug 18 2010 - 11:19:09 EST

Hello Android forks,

I could have a question in android kernel mailing list.
But I think many mm guys in linux-mm also might have a interest in it.
So I send a question in linux-mm mailing list.

I saw the advertisement phrase in this[1].

"Kernel Memory Management Boost: Improved memory reclaim by up to 20x,
which results in faster app switching and smoother performance
on memory-constrained devices."

But I can't find any code for it in android kernel git tree.
If it's your private patch, could you explan what kinds of feature can enhance
it by up to 20x?

If it is really good, we can merge it to mainline.

[1] http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.2-highlights.html

--
Kind regards,
Minchan Kim