Re: sys_init_module system call

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Fri Aug 20 2010 - 18:34:50 EST

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 06:18:04 +0800 runcoderen wrote:

> hi all
> I find sys_init_module system call in kernel/module.c file.
> but it did not find any.
> the source code version is linux-2.6.35
>
> does the kernel have changed?
>
> the book I am reading is LDD 3rd edition

You won't find a function in kernel/module.c that looks like it has
the name "sys_init_module". Instead, the function is defined by using
a macro, and it looks like this:

/* This is where the real work happens */
SYSCALL_DEFINE3(init_module, void __user *, umod,
unsigned long, len, const char __user *, uargs)
{

The use of SYSCALL_DEFINEx(func_name, args) is a fairly recent change
(well, January, 2009) that may be the reason why you think that there
has been a change. See
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=1a94bc34768e463a93cb3751819709ab0ea80a01

---
~Randy