Re: Dead Config Option STMMAC_ETH?

From: Christian Dietrich
Date: Mon Aug 23 2010 - 04:42:39 EST

Peppe CAVALLARO <peppe.cavallaro@xxxxxx> writes:

[...]

> There is effort on this driver: currently the driver fully works on
> STM platforms and starts working on ARM (SPEAr Kernels). The driver
> Kconfig actually depends on the CPU_SUBTYPE_ST40 but it built on x86
> if remove this dependency (just verified). In the past, I added this
> dependency because the driver was initially tested on ST kernels
> (where we continue to have the CPU_SUBTYPE_ST40) but I can review it
> if you like.

Hm, i think it would be good if this dependency is removed, if it isn't
needed, because then a allyes config would compile test this peace of
code, and it can't die silently with changes around it.

greetz didi
--
(Î x . x x) (Î x . x x) -- See how beatiful the lambda is
No documentation is better than bad documentation