Re: [Scst-devel] Fwd: Re: linuxcon 2010...

From: Vladislav Bolkhovitin
Date: Mon Aug 23 2010 - 15:40:55 EST

Gennadiy Nerubayev, on 08/23/2010 02:10 AM wrote:
I'm not sure if I understand why there is a need for a replacement
target to reuse existing code, and would definitely appreciate a brief
explanation or a pointer to an earlier one. But even that aside, I'm
curious if the criteria for what a replacement target must have for
(at least potential) inclusion into the kernel were ever clearly
outlined in the past. If they were, then there probably would have
been things like interested contenders, deadlines, feature
comparisons, code reviews, and so on, right?

A fair public review of SCST code with a fair _public_ comparison without any deals and conspiracy behind our back is, basically, all we are asking. Let the best code win.

Vlad