Re: [Scst-devel] Fwd: Re: linuxcon 2010...

From: Vladislav Bolkhovitin
Date: Mon Aug 23 2010 - 15:41:38 EST

James Bottomley, on 08/23/2010 12:29 AM wrote:
So the phrase "up to GigE" was deliberately in the above to exclude the
disputed infiniband results. I'm not really interested in re-opening
the arguments over how to interpret those results. The fact that SCST
and STGT were on par up to 1GbE is enough to refute the contention that
STGT is "fundamentally slow".

Well, James, why not 100MbE? If you want a comparison of target implementations you need a fast hardware with minimal latency. Otherwise, the difference between the implementations can drown in the overhead of the accompanying processing. 1GbE is a nearly 10 years ago interface. Or are we going to stay ten years behind progress?

Thanks,
Vlad