Re: [RFC] Fix typos

From: Mike Frysinger
Date: Thu Sep 02 2010 - 16:16:32 EST

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 16:08, Lucas De Marchi wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 17:00, Randy Dunlap wrote:
>> It looks good for Documentation/.
>>
>> And fixing typos is certainly something that we want to do in
>> user-visible messages, like printk strings.
>
> What about comments and code?

i think it's useful to fix typos in those things, but this would def
require a human to review things. it might also be saner to start
with a whitelist of common typos (doesnt checkpatch have this ?)
rather than doing it against a dictionary.

for example, we've committed a few drivers that used "platfrom" in
their structure names when it should have been "platform".
-mike