Re: ACPI bug report: DSDT errors prevent suspend and boot with usbcable plugged in - ASUS A6km laptop (fixed dsdt attached)

From: Filip HoÅko
Date: Sat Sep 04 2010 - 09:08:32 EST

Hello,

since I can't find a patch to apply the fixed dsdt into my kernel, I'm
sending a bug report.

My specs are:

laptop: ASUS A6km-Q072
bios version: 300
actual OS: Fedora 13, kernel 2.6.34.6-47.fc13.x86_64
errors: 1 error and 11 warnings, prevent laptop from booting with any
usb cable plugged in (I have to unplug the mouse every time), suspend
doesn't work either (but that can be caused also by nvidia drivers)

There is a fixed dsdt for this laptop here -
http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/view.php?id=905 , which actually
works, I tested it cca. year ago, when it was still possible to patch
the kernel. It fixes the error and all warnings.

Now I'm sending this bug report because I read on Ubuntu forums that
now it is needed to fill a bug report, not to try to fix it by
ourselves..

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,

Filip HoÅko