Re: [Scst-devel] Fwd: Re: linuxcon 2010...

From: Greg KH
Date: Mon Sep 06 2010 - 17:17:08 EST

On Sun, Sep 05, 2010 at 02:50:47PM -0700, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> So as to the specifics about why git is really the only right SCM choice
> for mainline target mode maintainership, it really all comes down to
> workflow. Does your SCM allow other people to easily and without-pain
> track your upstream subsystem tree changes and 'rebase' as necessary for
> their patch series you make improvements..? If we are talking about
> say, a single standalone driver being developed against mainline, then
> sure using a SCM like CVS or SVN is perfectly acceptable when you push
> to someone upstream like gregkh or akpm via email patch attachments.

I actually use git to manage my quilt patch tree so that others can work
with me. Don't confuse a scm with a patch management tool, they are two
vastly different things and have no relation to each other here.

And this sub-topic has NOTHING to do with the main issue here, so I
don't know why you are arguing over it. Please take it elsewhere.

thanks,

greg k-h