Re: [GIT PULL] ocfs2 fixes for 2.6.36.

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Sep 07 2010 - 22:20:17 EST

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Joel Becker <boel.becker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>        Here are the ocfs2 fixes we have ready for pulling right now.  I
> have a bit of a procedural question, though.  I've been busy, so Tao was
> kind enough to take the fixes I already had and apply all the new fixes.
> He coordinated testing them and getting them ready to go upstream.
> That's why I have his git tree in the pull request below.
>        I wasn't sure how the signoffs work for this.  He's got signoffs
> on the stuff he put together, because it's coming through his tree.  My
> naive assumption is that this is the correct way to go.

The sign-off chain should basically stretch from the author to the
committer - so a good sign-off chain is one where the first sign-off
matches the author of the commit, and the last sign-off matches the
committer, and the ones in the middle are obviously the path it took
from one to the other.

However, Tao has *NOT* added sign-offs to the patches he's taken. I
didn't look at all of them, but the first few commits are all authored
(and signed off on - so far so good) by Mark Fasheh, but there is no
sign-off for Tao. So the sign-off chain is clearly not complete.

Linus