Re: mm/Kconfig: warning: (COMPACTION && EXPERIMENTAL && HUGETLB_PAGE&& MMU) selects MIGRATION which has unmet direct dependencies (NUMA || ARCH_ENABLE_MEMORY_HOTREMOVE)

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Thu Sep 09 2010 - 11:15:28 EST

Argh, forgot...

[ mm/Kconfig ]
#
# support for page migration
#
config MIGRATION
bool "Page migration"
def_bool y
depends on NUMA || ARCH_ENABLE_MEMORY_HOTREMOVE
help
Allows the migration of the physical location of pages of processes
while the virtual addresses are not changed. This is useful in
two situations. The first is on NUMA systems to put pages nearer
to the processors accessing. The second is when allocating huge
pages as migration can relocate pages to satisfy a huge page
allocation instead of reclaiming.

- Sedat -