Re: help with git bisecting a bug 16376: random - possibly Radeon DRM KMS related - freezes

From: Martin Steigerwald
Date: Fri Sep 10 2010 - 12:18:12 EST

Am Freitag 10 September 2010 schrieb Theodore Tso:
> On Sep 10, 2010, at 9:49 AM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Maybe next time: "Fails to boot with partially shown backtrace, with
> > some ext4 / readahead function calls inside it"? Or even more
> > general some I/O / filesystem related functions?
> Learn how to use a serial console so you can get a full backtrace, thus
> saving yourself and folks interesting in helping you valuable time?
> :-)

I know how to use a serial console. Actually I am no freaking idiot at all
and I do not like being treated as such.

I just did a bisect, and these kernels were unbootable. I didn't think it
would have been worth the effort to put that much time in it to grab my
other notebook, remember how to set up the serial stuff and all - when all
I wanted to do was to complete the bisect.

I already told that I missed reporting that I do not need any information
relating that issue anymore cause I was able to skip the area with that
unbootable kernels at all. I am sorry for that, cause then you would have
known in advance that there is no need to do any further analysis.

Its getting a bit ridicolous now. I am done with it, since its no issue at
all anymore. My current 2.6.36-rc3 definately boots, so does 2.6.34 and
2.6.35 and thus the issue is gone and all is well. So can we be done with
that now?

Thanks,