Re: i915 blank screen and crash

From: Chris Wilson
Date: Sat Sep 11 2010 - 15:45:41 EST

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 22:46:46 +0400, Evgeniy Polyakov <zbr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I use the latest git tree as well as 2.6.35, 2.6.32 (both ubuntu lucid)
> and various 26-rc candidates with the same problem on Dell E4310 laptop:
> screen blanks when getting to X start. System works ok, but without
> screen (switch to text console does not help).

An eDP panel, yes we are indeed continuing to debug the link configuration
on those machines.

The current set of patches we have for eDP are available at

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ickle/drm-intel.git

in the drm-intel-next branch. Jesse insists that he has a working eDP
machine on his desk, so maybe there is hope yet.
-Chris