man-pages-3.26 is released

From: Michael Kerrisk
Date: Wed Sep 15 2010 - 14:42:14 EST

Gidday,

I've released man-pages-3.26.tar.gz - man pages for Linux

This release is now available for download at:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/man-pages
or ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/man-pages

The man-pages git repository is here:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/docs/man-pages/man-pages.git

The online changelog is available at
http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/changelog.html (blogged at
http://linux-man-pages.blogspot.com/2010/09/man-pages-326-is-released.html
) and the current version of the pages is browsable at
http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/
This release mainly contains minor fixes to existing pages.
A few changes that may be of interest to readers of this
list are listed below.

Cheers,

Michael

==================== Changes in man-pages-3.26 ====================

Newly documented interfaces in existing pages

eventfd.2
Michael Kerrisk
Document EFD_SEMAPHORE
Document the EFD_SEMAPHORE flag, added in kernel 2.6.30.
Also restructured some parts of the text to fit with the
addition of the EFD_SEMAPHORE text.

Changes to individual pages
---------------------------

sysfs.2
Michael Kerrisk
Clarify that this syscall is obsolete.
And strengthen recommendation to use /proc/filesystems instead.

tzfile.5
Michael Kerrisk
Add information on version 2 format timezone files
Updated using information from the tzcode 2010l release at
ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub.
(It's an open question whether or not a version of tzfile.5
should live independently in man-pages. It was added to the
man-pages set many years ago. For now, I'll follow a
conservative course that causes least pain to downstream,
by continuing to maintain a separate copy in man-pages.)

See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=594219