ahci rmmodable and shouldn't

From: Pedro Francisco
Date: Thu Sep 16 2010 - 17:56:16 EST

I reported this here for 2.6.35.4 -- http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/9/7/321 -- but
still happens on latest -git.

`rmmod ahci' works even if the module is being used (`lsmod' thinks it's not
being used but rmmoding ahci triggers filesystem erros and I've to force a
reboot).

I've been told it's the same as plugging a cable. IMO that's what
/sys/stuff/eject_or_similar is to, not `rmmod ahci'.

I *assume* it was caused by the split between libahci & ahci, since in 2.6.32
`rmmod ahci' is impossible because it's marked as being in use. Didn't try
`rmmod -f ahci' but that's not the point.

I'm posting again about this because it doesn't make sense to me the actual
behaviour.

TIA,
--
Pedro