Re: Problem with debugfs

From: Kenneth
Date: Tue Sep 21 2010 - 02:20:20 EST

Hello, Mr. Greg,

I'm sorry I had not checked the git before sending my last mail.

For the problem I mention, consider this scenarios:

1. mm/hwpoinson-inject.c create a debugfs file with
debugfs_create_u64("corrupt-filter-flags-mask", ...,
&hwpoison_filter_flags_mask)
2. hwpoison_filter_flags_mask is supposed to be protected by filp->priv->mutex
of this file when it is accessed from user space.
3. but when it is accessed from mm/memory-failure.c:hwpoison_filter_flags,
there is no way for the function to protect the operation (so it simply
ignore it). This may create a competition problem.

It should be a problem.

I'm sorry from my poor English skill.

Best Regards
Kenneth Lee