Re: "Glove box" BIOS patch causes boot flicker

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Tue Sep 21 2010 - 20:34:25 EST

A "glove box" is a device used to handle toxic stuff. In this case the toxic stuff is the BIOS.

There were some minor bugs (typos) in the conversion to the glove box coding style. The ones we have found have been fixed, so the first thing is to try the current mainline or the current tip tree. Otherwise I would look for issues where either the wrong register is changed, or something like a variable is changed instead of a field.

-hpa