Re: [GIT] Sparc

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Sep 22 2010 - 15:09:44 EST

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Um, no.  You've *already* called get_signal_to_deliver().  There had been
> no SIGSEGV in sight.  You happily went on to set a sigframe for e.g.
> SIGHUP, but ran out of stack.  At that point you get force_sigsegv()
> from handle_signal().  _NOW_ you have a pending SIGSEGV

Ahh. Ok. Different case from the one I thought you were worried about.
And yeah, I guess that one does require us to mess with the low-level
asm code (although I do wonder if we could not make the whole
do_notify_resume + reschedule code be generic C code - it's a lot of
duplicated subtle asm as it is).

Linus