Re: Any SYSRQ key to force mode switch to console mode when usingKMS?

From: Uwe Bonnes
Date: Thu Sep 23 2010 - 12:31:39 EST

>>>>> "Randy" == Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Randy> Is CONFIG_DRM_KMS_HELPER enabled in your kernel .config file? If
Randy> not, we need to find out how to enable it (there is no kconfig
Randy> prompt for it).

Yes, it is enabled

Randy> Can you check if Alt-Sysrq-H (help) lists V for "force-fb(V)"?
Yes, it is listed.

And yes, my last experiments where with ALT-CTL-sysreq, so doomed for non
function due to operator error.

However:
When running X, X.Org X Server 1.9.0 on Thinkpad R50 RV250, Alt-Sysrq-v
switches to an all-black display. By console switching with ALT-CLT-F1 I
get back to the booting console and ALT-CLT-F7 brings me back to X. Running
on the console and calling Alt-Sysrq-v prints
SysRq : Restore framebuffer console

Is there some omission by the distribution or my setup that Alt-Sysrq-v when
running X results in an all-black screen?

And when I hit the hibernate problem, the screen stays black even with a
console switch after Alt-Sysrq-v

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt