Re: [RFC trollpatch 1/1] genirq: Remove the fits all and nothing__do_IRQ() code

From: Kyle McMartin
Date: Tue Sep 28 2010 - 20:46:15 EST

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:01:51PM -0700, Luck, Tony wrote:
> > Hmm, why isn't chip->unmask() sufficient ?
>
> That's a good question. I'll take a look at what ia64 is doing
> in the ->unmask() and ->end() functions to see if I can fix this
> with some code shuffling.

Did you end up solving this? ia64 iosapic and parisc iosapic still look
fairly similar... I hit the same issue of ->end() not being called in
the handle_level_irq path and ended up just folding in the missing bit
to ->unmask (we were already EOI the IOSAPIC, but missing the EOI for
the parisc cpu.)

--Kyle