Re: Intel DP43BF MB - No PCI Devices detected

From: Brian C. Huffman
Date: Mon Oct 04 2010 - 14:53:06 EST

On 09/24/2010 05:29 PM, Andrew Morton wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 17:54:45 -0400
"Brian C. Huffman"<bhuffman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have searched and found no previous posts on this topic. Using the
2.6.36-rc2-git3 (and many before that rev), the kernel doesn't see my
PCI devices. They can be seen with dmidecode but do not show up with
lspci (and are not mentioned on boot up).
Is this still happening?

Do you know when it started happening? Was 2.6.35 OK? 2.6.34?

Thanks.

Unfortunately I no longer have this board to help test. I posted the same message on the linux-pci list and we got so far as to determine that somehow the kernel is getting the wrong primary / secondary bus number. Using pci=assign-busses worked around it, but even after recognizing the cards, they didn't work properly and I had to send the board back. Here's the pertinent excerpt from linux-pci: