Re: [BUG 2.6.36-rc6] list corruption in module_bug_finalize

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Oct 05 2010 - 13:18:50 EST

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmm, with this patch the corruption triggers at every boot (5 of
> 5). Without it it's just happening randomly (1 of 10)
>
> Digging further. Dammit, I fear my evil plan fires back now due to
> some even more lazy person who doesn't use modules. :)

Sre you sure you used the second version? The first version missed the
cleanup at module unload time, and would have caused the symptoms you
see.

I just tried my own machine with modules (and list debugging), and it
seemed fine. And it show now all happen under the module mutex, so I
don't see how it would be timing-sensitive.

But hey, maybe I'm missing something really silly.

Linus