Re: [RFC v2 05/21] tcm: Add ConfigFS subsystem backstoreinfrastructure

From: FUJITA Tomonori
Date: Wed Oct 06 2010 - 03:25:38 EST

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 16:09:26 +0900
FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 21:30:42 -0700
> "Nicholas A. Bellinger" <nab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I have been thinking about something similar that is needed for the WIP
> > TCM HW target mode drivers when a:
> >
> > mkdir -p /sys/kernel/config/target/$TCM_MOD/$LPORT_WWPN/tpgt_1
> >
> > happens the WWPN is coming from HW. This currently looks like something
> > along the lines of the following for tcm_lpfc:
> >
> > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/nab/lio-core-2.6.git;a=blob;f=drivers/target/tcm_lpfc/tcm_lpfc_configfs.c;hb=tcm_lpfc#l227
>
> The above link doesn't work for me so I'm not sure.
>
> But I guess that you are talking about the problem that
> tcm_lpfc_make_lport() can accept proper hardware port addresses. We
> are on the same page if so.
>

> > The main issue here is that the user still needs to know the $LPORT_WWPN
> > before hand (either from looking at a sticker on the card, or via
> > another method) in order to preform the initial TFO->fabric_make_wwn()
> > -> $TCM_MOD_make_wwn() operation. So what we need is a configfs attrib
> > at the top level TCM fabric group in order to see a list of the
> > available hardware ports from the specific $TCM_MOD. What I was
> > thinking for TCM HW fabric module ports would be to have something like:
> >
> > /sys/kernel/config/target/$TCM_MOD/hw_ports
> >
> > that would walk the struct pci_dev looking for fabric module specific HW
> > target mode capabilities. I assume this is what you had in mind for
> > drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi as well, yes..?
>
> Doesn't sound so.
>
> I want the driver to create necessary target directories in
> /sys/kernel/config/target/ibmvscsit/ automatically.

In addition, I also think that /sys/kernel/config/target/$TCM_MOD
should show up automatically when I load the module.

vine:/home/fujita# modprobe iscsi_target_mod

Then why do I need to create iscsi directory by hand?

vine:/home/fujita# mkdir /sys/kernel/config/target/iscsi

btw, 'iscsi' needs to renamed to iscsi_tcp or something like that?